Slow-dance light?

Marko

• Members

I'm not a real DJ like you guys, but I do the glorified-jukebox thing and karaoke (go ahead and laugh) at a bar down the street to get some stuff out of the basement, and get a few bucks for my small gear addiction. (not many bands around here these days to provide for)

I'm looking for a light that I can put on a pole on the side of the room (not centered) that will do what a mirrored ball does... just little white lights rotating steadily/slowly around the dance floor, not sound activated. Preferably under $100.

What I've seen for sale doesn't necessarily tell me it'll do just that, and the guys at GC weren't real helpfull/knowlegable and I don't want to buy something and it doesn't do just that. I already have flashy colored sound-activated stuff for fast dancing.

Any suggestions?

• Members

Originally posted by 6ftabovsealevel

this
?

Available for around 100 bucks all over the place. They also make a smaller one.

Yeah, I did see that, but thought it looked like it needed to be placed in the center of the area on the ceiling like a mirrored ball.

Looking at that pic, I can see that it would probably work, although it looks like something that mounts on a flat surface like a wall or ceiling, and might not hook onto a light tree. I need it to be portable.

I think I was expecting to need something that was more "directional", like a unit with the lights pointing in one direction, but maybe I can make that work somehow.

Thanks so much :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Members

Originally posted by fujofly

Check out centerstagelighting.com, they have the Eliminator I believe e-101 its a fire/water effect thats great for slow stuff. Of you can rock out the starball which is like the mirrorball but all in one unit.

I agree - the e-101 is really sweet for what you're talking about.

Archived