Tele neck on a Strat, Sacrilige?

JohnnyRaincheck

• Members

What if you wanted to change the Rosewood neck on your MIM Strat, you're in a Mom and POP, checking the necks and you come across a really really nice maple Tele neck. It's as smooth as a piece of glass on the beach, the nicest neck you've come across in some time. Realizing that there is some adjustment and shaping involved, would you go for it? Or is this angering the gods?:confused:

• Members

Bear in mind a Tele neck isnt a 100% fit for a Strat neck pocket. It will bolt on fine but there may not be enough adjustment available in the bridge to get the guitar intonated properly without rounding the neck heel or squaring the body pocket.

• Members

Bear in mind a Tele neck isnt a 100% fit for a Strat neck pocket. It will bolt on fine but there may not be enough adjustment available in the bridge to get the guitar intonated properly without rounding the neck heel or squaring the body pocket.

yeah, that's the problem I encountering now... Thing is.. I don't have the right tools to shape the wood...

• Members

As everyone has said.... "Squier '51"

Damn shame the price of them has shot through the roof on the second hand market. Squier must be kickin' themselves :p

Why don't they make more ? I'd tap a few!!!

Do they not realise that people like to modify and do upgrades and Squiers are good "base" guitars.

• Members

I've put a strat neck on a tele... had to lop off a fret, round the heel, and open the neck pocket up a bit. Not sure going the other way will work as expected. As mentioned, intonation may be a big problem, fitting it will be the biggest issue.

Steve

Archived