Blast from the past: pic!

jerry_picker

• Members

I saw Steve Goodman play a show with John Prine in Des Moines in ~1982, not all that long before he passed. Fine performer and songwriter, and good flatpicker, too.

Living in Chicago for most of my life, I was very fortunate to see Steve Goodman (one of my all time favs and a great guitar player) and John Prine (another of my all time favs) a few times around town

at Somebody Else's Troubles, Park West, and The Earl of Olde Towne.

As an aside, I could have been that skinny kid from Lincoln Park. I grew up in that area (Diversey and Clark).

• Members

KILL! KILL! KILL!

Best show I've ever seen...

My grad school advisor was at one of the early performances of Alice's Restaurant when he was a student in Boston. He claimed he never saw such a "spiritually enhanced" (smoked-up) audience. :thu:

I saw Arlo with Pete Seeger in Iowa City ~1984. They traded off songs, and Pete lounged on the floor of the stage between songs, in this major auditorium (Hancher).

• Members

My grad school advisor was at one of the early performances of Alice's Restaurant when he was a student in Boston. He claimed he never saw such a "spiritually enhanced" (smoked-up) audience.
:thu:

I saw Arlo with Pete Seeger in Iowa City ~1984. They traded off songs, and Pete lounged on the floor of the stage between songs, in this major auditorium (Hancher).

That's awesome!

I'm a young'un, it would've probably been about '94 when I saw him. I think I was 13. He had his son play the set with him, and was onstage for about 7 hours. It was pretty awesome! The crowd was rather ... spritually enhanced ... for that one, too.

Archived