A mahogany strat build

Bowen

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Forget the 9" Ryobi bandsaws however. i will not cut through a 1.75" piece of wood all that great... if at all... I would say 14" minimum. However a jigsaw can easily be used.

lies! my 9" ryobi works great, even resaws 3.5" purpleheart dead straight. it cut 3" lignum vitae as well, but the blade was dulled halfway through the cut :p

i had lots of issue cutting anything straight at first, but i found the trick is to always use a sharp high quality 3/8" 6 tpi blade with a fair bit of tooth set. do not use the crap you get at home depot or the recycled skid tie down they call a blade that comes with the saw.

after a new blade (delta) and tweaking the tracking just right, its perfect. well, about as perfect as a $69 saw can be :p

• Members
lies! my 9" ryobi works great, even resaws 3.5" purpleheart dead straight. it cut 3" lignum vitae as well, but the blade was dulled halfway through the cut
:p

i had lots of issue cutting anything straight at first, but i found the trick is to always use a sharp high quality 3/8" 6 tpi blade with a fair bit of tooth set. do not use the crap you get at home depot or the recycled skid tie down they call a blade that comes with the saw.

after a new blade (delta) and tweaking the tracking just right, its perfect. well, about as perfect as a $69 saw can be
:p

I withdraw my comment then. My Ryobi 9" is sitting in storage in my garage. Couldn't get it to do {censored} even with a $30 blade and some decent replacement guides. But I'm impatient like that too.

Archived