Tell me about the Black (or White) Penguin.

colin617

• Members

I have intense GAS for a Black Penguin. Too bad nowhere near me carries them, so I would like to get some info before I road trip to try one.

How do they sound?

How do they play? (Like a strat, les paul, you get the idea)

Pictures are more than welcome!

• Members

I have intense GAS for a Black Penguin. Too bad nowhere near me carries them, so I would like to get some info before I road trip to try one.

How do they sound?

How do they play? (Like a strat, les paul, you get the idea)

Pictures are more than welcome!

I've played a White Penguin... And it played just about the same as my Duo Jet.

It's just dressed for the party a little more extravagantly.

The neck isn't chunky, and it's bloody light. Maybe the Penguins are a little heavier.. But not by much. Mine is light with a Bigsby on it. I could just imagine how much lighter it would be with it off.

While not as bulky as a Les Paul.. Kinda the same deal 'feel' wise.

The DynaSonics are one of my favorite pickups. They have such a unique sound.. A sound of their own.

• Members

I've played a White Penguin... And it played just about the same as my Duo Jet.

It's just dressed for the party a little more extravagantly.

The neck isn't chunky, and it's bloody light. Maybe the Penguins are a little heavier.. But not by much. Mine is light with a Bigsby on it. I could just imagine how much lighter it would be with it off.

While not as bulky as a Les Paul.. Kinda the same deal 'feel' wise.

The DynaSonics are one of my favorite pickups. They have such a unique sound.. A sound of their own.

i've had a white falcon and duo jet and when i played one for a couple hours a few years ago it felt extremely similar to my duo jet.

this post pretty much nails all of my feelings about it. looks really really really really really cool, but will not play itself.

Archived