SX Ash Tele..who has one..

streetknight

• Members

How do you like it? Happen to know how the body is routed for the neck pickup?

I like how it has the body contours, but wanna put a humbucker in the neck.

Thanks for any help

I have no help to offer. I am interested in the answer, though, as I've been considering the same thing...

• Members

I have one. I absolutely love it. Bound satin finished maple neck, jumbo frets, nice contoured Ash body, tuners are great. Mine was routed for a humbucker in the neck. I stained mine and upgraded the wiring harness, GFS vintage Alnico pickups, tusq nut, white pickguard, and stainless steel saddles. I also leveled and dressed the frets. I have about $200 invested and I would put this thing up against any MIM and some MIA Fenders- no {censored}.

Completely Modded (Pre-Stain)

STL-Ash.jpg

Ash-Closeup.jpg

After the Stain (Doesn't look it in the pics- but it's a pretty drastic change in person)

FullView.jpg

Neck-BodyContrast.jpg

You can't go wrong- even if you upgrade everything on it. The body and neck are worth the price alone.

Lou

• Members

BTW, out of the box- this thing was pretty decent. I think all guitars need a set-up though so that is a non-issue for me. Still, the stock pickups and electronics weren't bad at all- I just wanted better quality components and could do it for an additional $75 or so.

Lou

Archived