Any of you guys into classical music?

JustinT

• Members

Hey guys. Hopefully everyone remembers me. I haven't been here in awhile. I've been writing alot of music in the past few months. I trust everyones instinct and ears here so here goes....

Come check out some of my classical compositions i'm trying to get performed, on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/jtaylor8424

Hopefully you guys will enjoy them as much as i do.

• Members

Big classical fan here. This stuff is awesome man. Where did you find the orchestra to perform these compositions?

It's actually played back through Sibelius, a notation program. Unfortunately none of my stuff has been performed yet but i am in talks with a couple of people at the moment.

• Members

I have been playing classical music since I was six. 38 years.

I am a huge classical fan.

I probably have close to 10,000 classical pieces on my I tunes library and have heard most of them over and over.

I play classical pieces on piano, guitar and violin.

In most cases, I can name the piece, year written within about a decade, the comnposer, and alot of times the performer of solo pieces especially if it is played on violin usually within a second or too., I am pretty good at doing this even if I have never heard the particular piece in question before.

I have been considering getting a totoo for a long while. When I do, it will be a picture of Beethoven with a wild look on his face, hair all over the place conducting a huge symphony of all kinds of crazies whooping it up.

Please dont P.M me to tell me I am wierd.

I already know it.

• Members

I have been playing classical music since I was six. 38 years.

I probably have close to 10,000 classical pieces on my I tunes library and have heard most of them over and over.

I play classical pieces on piano, guitar and violin.

In most cases, I can name the piece, year written within about a decade, the comnposer, and alot of times the performer of solo pieces especially if it is played on violin usually within a second or too., I am pretty good at doing this even if I have never heard the particular piece in question before.

I have been considering getting a totoo for a long while. When I do, it will be a picture of Beethoven with a wild look on his face, hair all over the place conducting a huge symphony of all kinds of crazies whooping it up.

Please dont P.M me to tell me I am wierd.

I already know it.

No way man, your cool! Thanks for listening.

• Members

What's a totoo? JK

I dig classical too. Actually there isn't much music I don't like except southern rock, redundant country, and redundant rap.

Mozart's Requiem, Chopin's Nocturnes and Paganini's Caprices are favorites.

• Members

What's a totoo? JK

I dig classical too. Actually there isn't much music I don't like except southern rock, redundant country, and redundant rap.

Mozart's Requiem, Chopin's Nocturnes and Paganini's Caprices are favorites.

I keep reminding myself to check out Paganini's Caprices. Thank you.

• Members

What I enjoy is the nuances...the little things that make all the difference. All you guys and gals know the theme to Star Wars. My wife and I went to the Louisiana Philharmonic and they did the whole Star Wars Suite. At that point, it went from a movie theme song to a very complicated piece of music for me. So much so that I went out and bought several John Williams CDs.

I can't tell you how many times I've listened to the familiar pieces, not for the fact that it's from Raiders of the Lost Arc or E.T., but to listen to what Williams does to make the music so unforgettable.

And when listening to the old masters, you have to imagine what it must be like to be able to hear the music in your head. Yea, we do it, but not with the extreme complexity. Melody...add viola, add oboe, etc, etc. Just fascinating!

And Jason...really good stuff! You should be proud.

David

• Members

I keep reminding myself to check out Paganini's Caprices. Thank you.

You can check them right here, right now.

Here are a couple of my favorites. I am nmoodling with them on violin, but am nowhere near good enough to pull these off yet. Been playing about four years, maybe a couple hours a week.

[YOUTUBE]W311bVbrdnk&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]vPcnGrie__M&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

What I enjoy is the nuances...the little things that make all the difference. All you guys and gals know the theme to Star Wars. My wife and I went to the Louisiana Philharmonic and they did the whole Star Wars Suite. At that point, it went from a movie theme song to a very complicated piece of music for me. So much so that I went out and bought several John Williams CDs.

I can't tell you how many times I've listened to the familiar pieces, not for the fact that it's from Raiders of the Lost Arc or E.T., but to listen to what Williams does to make the music so unforgettable.

And when listening to the old masters, you have to imagine what it must be like to be able to hear the music in your head. Yea, we do it, but not with the extreme complexity. Melody...add viola, add oboe, etc, etc. Just fascinating!

And Jason...really good stuff! You should be proud.

David

Thank you David. My name is Justin Taylor btw.

• Members

I'm into classical music and have a pretty extensive collection, including opera.

I listened to and liked your Self-Portrait in Spring.
:thu:

Keep watching. I'll be talking about that piece on my video blog this weekend hopefully.

• Members

Yes. I have some friends who are classical guitarists and they have turned me on to a lot of different music. Check them out if you are into classical guitar...

Very cool. Just added those three to my favourites.

If I ever compose anything for guitar, I will be contacting them.

Archived