New speaker day

Karma1

• Members

Those are great speakers. I've got a G12H30 in my Classic 30 and it sounds fantastic on it's own. I also have an extension cab with a Celestion Greenback in it that just makes that amp sing.

I also have an Avatar 212 cab with a Hellatone 30 and a Hellatone 60 in it that I use with my Bassman. That rig sounds incredible.

What's even funnier is that the Hellatones are cheaper than the Celestions, but if you peel the Hellatone label off, you'll find the Celestion label underneath. I mean, it's the exact same speaker, but they can sell them cheaper because they are rebranded.

• Members

Those are great speakers. I've got a G12H30 in my Classic 30 and it sounds fantastic on it's own. I also have an extension cab with a Celestion Greenback in it that just makes that amp sing.

I also have an Avatar 212 cab with a Hellatone 30 and a Hellatone 60 in it that I use with my Bassman. That rig sounds incredible.

What's even funnier is that the Hellatones are cheaper than the Celestions, but if you peel the Hellatone label off, you'll find the Celestion label underneath. I mean, it's the exact same speaker, but they can sell them cheaper because they are rebranded.

That is strange that the Avatars are cheaper for the exact same Celestion, but I'm not complaining. Mine has a small sticker on the side of the speaker from the Celestion factory with their name and model number on it. While the Hellatone 30's are Celestion G12H models, the Hellatone 60's are Celestion Vintage 30's from what I've read.

• Members

Be careful not to blow the speaker. You said the combo is 40 watts & a G12H30 is a 30 watt speaker.

Thanks for the heads up. I was focusing more on the 4 ohm to 8 ohm issues and not paying enough attention to the watts. I don't really plan to turn it past 6 or 7, so do you think there would be any problems with it at moderate volume? It's pretty loud at about half way with the new speaker. I can also get more volume from my Mesa preamp if I need it, rather than cranking the amp.

Archived