NGD: 100 dollar MIM strat...what model is it though?

metal0822

• Members

You don't owe anyone any explanations.
In this country you have a right to earn a living.
You can do that by washing cars, waiting tables, or selling guitars. That doesn't make you a corporate rat that lies to stockholders, lies to the FTC, and suckers everyone while getting millions in bonuses while the company is going bankrupt.

Doc Morbius FTW! Exactly. I buy cheap and flip. I buy broken, repair and flip. I buy ugly, doll it up and flip. If you can make a buck and still keep the price reasonable go for it! Although I normally don't post how much I bought it for...:facepalm:

Usually the S/N on the back of the headstock is a good tip that it isn't just a standard, so buying it for $100 "with out knowing" isn't an issue. Heck any MIM for $100 is a good buy unless someone surfed down the fire escape on it.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Question: who did you email at fender to get that info??? I have a guitar that nobody can tell me with certainty which model it is (I will start a thread soon with pictures)

Thanks
:wave:

consumerrelations@fender.com :thu: found it on the website. give them the serial number and a couple of details and a couple pictures and they should be able to tell you what you got.

and about not saying what i payed...i really dont care. if someone wants it for 300 i could use the money. if not, ill gladly keep my nice 100 dollar strat. if someone wants it and has 300 to spare, they will buy regardless of what i payed. if not, o well, this thing is actually pretty fun.
i know i said i wasn't a strat guy, but those strats were a squier affinity and an sx deluxe model, and while the playability was close to this (still not as good), the sound was just awful in comparison to the tex mex pickups.

• Members

I used the same email, with no details. Thanks to Metal for giving me the idea! :thu:

My pickups just say: "Pickups: 2 Special Design Strat Single Coils (Neck & Mid), 1 Special Design Humbucking Pickup (Bridge)" Dunno, but they're pretty nice! Not real hot, I've played hotter ones.

• Members

i have always been a fender fan because of their support. if i can just hold out on this last 30 bucks i have left until my tax return check comes, ill be set to keep her until im sick of her :D im getting 530 bucks back (a lot for a college kid who just worked over the summer and winter breaks)

• Members

damn i really wanna get my hands on a damn wrench to adjust the saddles. the d string is a bit too high and the a string and b strings are buzzing. need a new set of 9s too, these strings are like 100 years old.

any tips on getting some of the grime off the fretboard and the frets?

Archived