Just bought first strat real noisy pickups

Fogflip

• Members

I bought an 06-07 fender American standard today but it all the excitement of buying it i really didn't play it are the pickups always extremely noisy or is their something wrong with the guitar ive played real {censored}ty guitars with quieter pickups than these any help would be appreciated feel like i made a huge mistake.

• Members

I have played strats for a long time, and like people say they are very noisy.

Depending on how you are playing... live or in studio.... you may want to really look into shielding the pickups. It's one of the most standard mods to any strat.

Like previously said, the tone is a trade off for the noise. With out pups that noisy the tone would be harder to achieve.

• Members

Hey thanks guys i just realized on my motu ultralie the gain was at max causing insane amounts of noise. Fixed it god this guitar is amazing here is a pic of my very first strat and first guitar i would consider real. (I will never give up synths.... we will see)

strat.jpg

• Members

Glad you got it worked out. I can't see the pic (blocked at work :facepalm:) but I'll go out on a limb and say, "Sweet Strat!". For what's it's worth, I thought my MIA Strat sounded terrible when I first got it, just really thin and shrill. I figured out it was because the pups were raised too high, so I lowered them substantially. Strats are very sensitive to pickup height, even a tiny adjustment can change the tonality, so you might keep that in mind.

• Members
Strats are noisy. They also get more/better tones than just about anything. Tradeoff.

Dont forget, some Strats have Stacked pickups (noiseless). But they do have more/better tones.

You might wanna try to look at this website about shielding. Its great, if you wanna remove the hum but not really recommended.

Anyway, congrats!!! Beautiful guitar!!! :thu:

HNGD!!!

Archived