Is this guitar worth it?

DarkHorseJ27

• Members

http://cgi.ebay.com/Double-Neck-6-String-Acoustic-6String-Electric-Guitar_W0QQitemZ350116489132QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item350116489132&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

It will need a setup, better pickups, and definitely an acoustic pickup. Might need better hardware too. Even going with GuitarFetish parts it will be a decent bit of cost on top of the $400.

I've always wanted a doubleneck but don't have use for a 12-string, and I do play acoustic a lot. Like the looks of this guitar, but I doubt its worth it. Doesn't hurt to ask opinions though just in case I'm wrong.

• Members

I can see it being useful if you are in one guitarist band that does power ballads and stuff than needs an acoustic guitar for parts and an electric guitar in other parts, but for just playing at home, I think it's totally pointless.

• Members

Double neck guitars always have that "cool" appeal, but very few people I know that actually have they really use them very much at all. They are big, awkward, and heavy. And with the one you're looking at, you really are looking at a compromise, particularly on the acoustic side. Acoustically, it is likely to sound pretty thin.

I would guess that you really won't get a true acoustic sound with the single coil magnetic pickup. I installed a single coil magnetic pickup in a resonator guitar. Sounded good, but not really like the guitar did acoustically. But you can always install an under saddle piezo or something like a K&K Pure Western Mini system if you aren't satisfied.

Having said that, it does look like a pretty cool double neck.

Archived