So -- what happened here?!?!?

FUBTAG

• Members

Wow, I didn't know that there were cheap knock-off bagpipes. I shouldn't be surprised, but somehow, I was.

How do people go about learning to play bagpipes? Is it one of those things where having your own home is needed, along with understanding family/housemates/neighbours? Are there practice bagpipes that aren't as loud? I'm being sincere here, just in case anyone thinks those are troll questions.

There's a guy in my neighbourhood who plays outdoors often. I love it. It's a bit of a treat when I'm doing yardwork and sometimes I'll delay use of power tools/machines in order to listen to him play. I remember one band from a gig back in the 80s (punk rock show) that had a guy who played the pipes on a few songs. I thought it was a really cool mix. I dunno, maybe it's the Scottish roots (father's side).

• Members

I am so busy with work I am playing only a few times a week right now, also still having ulnar nerve issues :( but being away from this place is helping control my GAS, I have not bought a guitar for about 4 months! lol

• Members

WHO CARES :)

Don't come here much anymore... It was, as RavenCad coined it best, the "suckassageness " of the forum recently that kept me away... Today, i saw a thread about missing someone who WASN'T Ian.. or maybe it was...

What the hell happened to this place?!?!?! I see some familiar names, but JJ is gone? Frets too? Mazi is back.. but he's been quiet for a long time... and alot of seeming inane topics... more than normal...

well.. bagpipes are going well..Played at West Point 2 weekends ago with 12 other pipe bands. It was an amazing day.... going to start competing this summer to become a ranked piper...... That and $3 will get me 2 Egg McMuffins at McDonalds...

.. oh yeah -- and I am thinking of selling all but 2 of my guitars.... Some SXs, Xaviers, Peaveys ... some other I can't think of.. just stick with my MIM and new MIA Strat....

• Members
I know what you mean about other hobbies costing a lot. I also have telescopes w/very expensive eyepiece's and then there's the scopes them selves. yikes!!!! I also collect stamps and some of them are worth an arm and a leg!

two words: reef tank :facepalm: I miss my money!

Archived