Eastwood JR Elite, anyone?

ArKay

• Members

I used to have the white one.

i replaced the roller bridge with a regular tuneomatic so the action didn't have to be so high.

it was pretty comfortable to play. i found the small/thin frets pretty awkward at times.

you want one? whats stopping you?

• Members

Reviews aren't easy to find, that's what stopping me. Found a good deal in the UK, but returning it wouldn't be cheap.

I have a couple of Dimarzio F1 pickups lying around (the bridge pickup which was used in the original) and I also have a TOM bridge so unless anyone has anything negative to say about them I will go ahead :)

I can live with the small frets.

• Members

I would have passed this thread by, untill I seen it was from you, how have you been? long time no hear.

I'm still only home for the weekends since I haven't moved yet... Doing fine here, thanks for asking :) How about you?

• Members

I'm still only home for the weekends since I haven't moved yet... Doing fine here, thanks for asking
:)
How about you?

good, the doc say's I only got about six months left, but I think he's full of crap, never felt better in my life. getting ready to go on vacation back east on a roller coaster tour, and the rock & roll hall of fame, should be a lot of fun.

when you say home, do you mean Germany or China?

• Members

good, the doc say's I only got about six months left, but I think he's full of crap, never felt better in my life. getting ready to go on vacation back east on a roller coaster tour, and the rock & roll hall of fame, should be a lot of fun.

Bummer... Is that for real? :( I really do hope that he is wrong!

Germany, I've been working in another city for more than a year and I'm only home for the weekends. Living in a hotel all week and it sucks big time so I'm going to move soon.

• Members

Would have loved to have one when I was doing a Ramones tribute.

I was looking at the Japanese signature model, but from what I've seen the Eastwood seems to be better. Saw a used one in a Japanese online shop and it was falling apart, the soft basswood body had severe cracks in the neck pocket.

• Members

Bummer... Is that for real?
:(
I really do hope that he is wrong!

Germany, I've been working in another city for more than a year and I'm only home for the weekends. Living in a hotel all week and it sucks big time so I'm going to move soon.

well thats what his lips say:lol: I refuse to believe it.

I thought that if anyone would have a line on eastwoods, it would have been you.

yuck, hotel life for a year, I could barly make it 6 months when we did a small tour. I feel for you.

• Members

well thats what his lips say:lol: I refuse to believe it.

I thought that if anyone would have a line on eastwoods, it would have been you.

I don't believe it either :)

I have a Saturn '63...

saturn63_01.jpg

and I like a few of their other models, but the prices usually scare me off. That's a $799 guitar and one of the metal f-hole bindings came off after I unpacked it. It's not even a very accurate copy.

I like Eastwood's concept, but there's little attention to detail. They use standard parts (bridge, vibrato, tailpiece, knobs, pickups) which are nothing like the originals.

The JR seems to be somewhat accurate though apart from the pickups.

• Members

No, they are both flat. There's a reflection on the 2nd Hopf picture (they are both originals). Here's an A-B (Eastwood vs. Hopf without the pickguard which you can see on the other picture posted up there).

Saturn63.jpg

• Members

Full on honest truth- when the doc's gave my grandfather 6 months and told him to get his affairs in order, he walked out of the office, went right back to hunting and fishing and lived another 14 years. JUst because they say it doesn't always make it so.

WTF?

That's crazy {censored}, man!

Doctor told me I had six months to live then he showed me his bill. Told him I'd never be able to pay that in six months. He gave me six more months!!

Seriously, though. What'd I miss?

Archived