Guitarist's Guide to Getting Rich!

bdemon

• Members

I posted some personal finance for musician thoughts on my blog,

http://keithmoore1.wordpress.com/2008/07/18/guitarists-guide-to-getting-rich/

Just musing on my experiences doing the music thing, influenced by reading too many personal finance books. Maybe you'll find something useful or maybe you'll think I need to spend more time practicing...which would be true. :cool:

• Members

very good read... I would like to pursue a career in the music industry. I'm glad that this forum has a music biz section, its the only forum I've ever seen that has it. Good thoughts in the article, thanks for posting!

• Members

Great article, so important for creative types to know that no matter how much money you make - 10K, 100K or up a year - you must have a plan for saving as much of it as you can in investments that grow tax free compunding through stocks and in real estate. Any successful creative type who stays rich does this. You should automate Roth 401K payments so that it just gets put away automatically.

Its not at all just for retirement. You can take out of a Roth IRA with no penalty for your first house or for you or your kids education. It also serves as a worst case emergency if your car breaks down and you have no were to turn. Sure you will pay the penalty but its better than going into debt!

• Members

Great article. It is what we do. We save and invest what we can, and I take every little thing I possibly can off my taxes. Of course it helps that in our case my husband has a "real" job - but it would be even more important advice if I were the main breadwinner, or if I were single.

Archived