Michael Kelly Patriots?

• Members

I can't find many reviews through the internets for the Michael Kelly Patriots, even searching here didn't turn up much.

Any owners care to share their thoughts? Is this a brand that GC carries like the Laguna's, where most of the reviews on the site are fake?

I'm looking at the Patrioit Limited at the moment, it looks good, but I can't tell much from pics.

2857large.jpg

• Members

I have a patriot custom, and I am loving it. The ebony fretboard is the best feeling fretboard I have played.

Keep in mind I'm coming from strats that have rosewood.

Also, the next pup on this thing is outstanding. The finish is fantastic, and the thing stays in tune perfectly. It's my goto git right now. Thing makes my Blackstar HT-5 sound great and my epi valve Jr. Great hardware, great sustain. has the split coils and I get great neck strat sounds out of it.

Some things that i would change, but did not sway my decision.

I do wish it had two volume controls as the next pickup is hotter than the bridge.

The git is heavier than my strats, but I think that goes for about any LP type axe.

I probably will try a burst bucker at some point in the bridge.

Over all it's a keeper and would highly recommend it.

Edit: Next = Neck

• Members

first off just got a LP Trad. pro along with a 58 vos & STD.L.E. & epi LP Customs,I have a Valor & Patriot Custom,the Patriot is very well made & comes with alot of good stuff like lockin bridge & tailpiece ,grover tuners & good pickups,the Patriot doesnt feel cheap like the Epi but feels very solid like my Gibbys ,outta the box the action was low & still the same now w/out no buzz,a good upgrade would be to drop some gibson 57 pups in to this badboy & your set

• Members

I have played several of them..If I remember they were the custom, the limited (your picture) and the vintage or worn or whatever. The regular custom was my favorite. They all played and sounded great, there were only a few minor cosmetic flaws. Go for it!

Oh, and great upper fret access, far better than a LP.

Archived