1954 Les Pauls

• Moderators

Looks sorta bald, don't you think? Although i am digging the colour, less ISN'T more with this guitar.

There was an ad on ITV in the 90s I think for Playstation or some console and it has this weird faced Asian girl, sorta genetically imperfect sorta look? I fell in love with her:facepalm:

I'm an odd {censored} sometimes

• Members

Off the scale in cool factor!

OTOH, for me anyway, I like P90s in mahogany without a maple cap... or at least that's my opinion comparing my R4 to other P90 gittars I own that are mahogany bodied with no maple caps.

Here's my R4 with a couple of my p90/mahogany girls.

100_384.jpg

P90 and mahogany are perfect partners IMHO. Adding a maple cap... That works better for humbuckers than P90s at least in my world. To me, it's like I think pepperoni pizza is the way God intended, then my wife orders one and has them add green peppers. It is still mostly the way I like it, but the addition of the green peppers adds something extra. Adding something is not always a positive thing. My favorite amp has 3 knobs: Goodsell Super 17 Mk II.

P90s and a maple cap may be just the thing for some folks. If I'm not mistaken Les Paul's original designs or design modifications was that maple cap. So if that's true, Sir Polfus his bad self preferred P90s with the 'cap.

Maple cap or not, I'd LOVE to have THAT guitar! It's just priced a few notches out of my league.

Archived