New Guitar Day: Schecter Banshee Black & Gold Metallic

ArKay

• Members

Originally posted by Frets99

It's a badass sounding set of pups no doubt. Just posted a cover using the neck pup of the Banshee. Makes me quiver!!
:D

Still working on pics. I got a shaky hand that doesn't help much for detail photos!!
:freak:

Yeah, makes me wonder if all lipstick pickups are that good. I don't have any other guitar equipped with those to compare.

It's easier to take pics if you have enough light, otherwise the camera needs more time for focussing and the result will be blurry.

This might be a bit to high, what do you think?

Bridge1.png

Bridge2.png

Bridge3.png

Bridge4.png

• Members

Originally posted by ArKay

Yeah, makes me wonder if all lipstick pickups are that good. I don't have any other guitar equipped with those to compare.

It's easier to take pics if you have enough light, otherwise the camera needs more time for focussing and the result will be blurry.

This might be a bit to high, what do you think?

Mine came setup like yours. I was able to bring it down a little bit before the "buzz" started.

If your not exactly happy with the action where its at, try bringin it down a little bit. I would take a picture of mine, but my camera is some hunk of crap I bought 4 years ago, and close ups always come out fuzzy.

I love the neck lipstick! And I really love the middle position, with the the tone knob rolled down to around 2-3. I also really dig the bridge pup too. They all sound friggin good! The only thing I really cant stand is the cheap crappy pots that are used. I might have to change them out one day.

• Members

Originally posted by m90guy

Mine came setup like yours. I was able to bring it down a little bit before the "buzz" started.

If your not exactly happy with the action where its at, try bringin it down a little bit. I would take a picture of mine, but my camera is some hunk of crap I bought 4 years ago, and close ups always come out fuzzy.

I love the neck lipstick! And I really love the middle position, with the the tone knob rolled down to around 2-3. I also really dig the bridge pup too. They all sound friggin good! The only thing I really cant stand is the cheap crappy pots that are used. I might have to change them out one day.

The action is fine for me, a little lower wouldn't hurt though. I was just wondering how it came out of the factory, would have used that for a starting point. Guess I got it right then :) The way the tremolo is set now it can float both ways just fine, just looks a little steep to my eyes. It came with 2 springs, no extra. I don't wanna mess with the claw position. I will try lowering the saddles a bit more.

I really can't imagine what she was thinking when she lowered everything for shipping. :rolleyes:

I guess she also must have tightened the neck, there was no space between the low E and the 7th fret when the string was pushed down on the 1st and last fret, it was dead straight so I gave it some slack.

I didn't check but I guess it comes with Alpha pots, like most Korean and Chinese guitars I have. The push/pull pot is a little wobbly when pulled out. I think I will also look for alternatives.

Great pups for sure, they are unique.

• Members

Originally posted by leopardstar

very nice arkay, how is that finish live?
:thu:

*slaps hands together repeatedly*...ar ar ar ar ar ar "the seal of approval"

I'm no fan of sparkle, but I like this one. The guitar looks kind of greenish :)

Here's a zipped file of photos. I'm not hopeful that they'll be helpful!:(

It looks like your bridge is at a higher angle than mine. Mine is pretty flush with the guitar body.

The action looks fairly similar. Mine feels easy to play with GHS 10's

My saddles also looks straighter than yours to me but that could ne angles

Yousendit link

• Members

Originally posted by Frets99

Here's a zipped file of photos. I'm not hopeful that they'll be helpful!
:(

It looks like your bridge is at a higher angle than mine. Mine is pretty flush with the guitar body.

The action looks fairly similar. Mine feels easy to play with GHS 10's

My saddles also looks straighter than yours to me but that could ne angles

Yousendit link

Thanks, that's fine! Your saddles seem to be lower, yup. So that would explain the high angle on mine.

OK, I'll work on it some more. I'll try to set it up to Fender specs (thanks JJ for the link :wave: ).

• 4 months later...
  • Members

Originally posted by Andrewsonfire

seriously awesoem guitar. my friend has one man, love the neck pup. and the 2 point bridge isnt bad either.

I was just gonna respond with "Hey, I got the same" before I noticed that it was my thread haha... Been a while, still digging it! :)

• 2 years later...

Archived