Rewiring my tele

I-like2play

• Members

So i'm rebuilding my Tele. It's got a single coil spaced humbucker in the bridge and the stock single coil in the neck. I wan to be able to split the buck so i can get some sc tones out of the bridge. So my question is this can I wire up a 5 way switch like this

pos1-bridge bucker

pos2-bridge single

pos3-bucker and neck

pos4-sc and neck

pos5-neck

I realize that if i wire it up just like a strat it would be similar but i want pos1 to be humbucker not single coil. Anybody got a diagram for this?

• Members

You have to use a Super Switch.

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Electronics,_pickups/Components:_Switches_and_knobs/Super_Switch.html

Super_Switch_Detail.jpg

This is a switch with 4 poles per position and 5 unique positions. Each switch position can be wired for just about any combination of PU desired. But it'll require jumpers and a good wiring plan away of time. It can be a tight fit in a Tele control cavity and

It would be impossible to do what you want with a traditional 5-way Strat switch, first off, because it isn't a real 5-position switch, its a 3-position switch with two indents to mix adjacent poles. Also, it only has 2 poles for each of it's 3 true positions, not enough to do complex wiring.

Archived