First Act Sheena pickups...

LR Weizel

• Members

Yeah, I would not describe them as hot, but both of them are toneful. I don't understand the desire for hot pups. Then again I don't do metal or brootalz. I can get enough gain from the amp with my gain control, so medium output from my pups is enough. If you need hot pups, the Sheena's aren't what you want.

• Members

I think I'm a little confused as to how resistance affects volume, etc(of course it's contrary to obvious reason to begin). I know it's not an exact measure and generally it's better to have lower resistance with higher output from other factors. I suppose I want to know how LOUD the pickups are despite the resistance. I have a Xaviere XV820 Tele copy, I swapped out the pickups for ones of the same resistance but they're slightly louder. I want something with higher output still so I can drive some of the cleaner models into OD, but I want the resistance fairly low so it doesn't get muddy - I'm more used to single coils and have always found humbuckers to be a little dull, but I've never tried lower resistance ones.

Also, does anyone have a Sheena with a humbucker in the neck position? I want to hear what it sounds like compared to the P90-ish pickup. Also can you buy the original white P90 anywhere?

Archived