Strange thing in string changes today

nuke_diver

• Members

So there was nearly none stop football today. The wife is away so a perfect chance to sit in front of the tv and watch football while changing strings. I've seen the different ways to change but have always done it the same way and never had a problem. Not so today. I planned to change all 5 guitars but decided that one (the tele) strings weren't that old so I'd change just 4. The first 3, the 12 string and 6 string acoustics and the strat were done as normal and everything was fine. The last was the Reverend and the 1st 4 strings were fine but when I tightened the last 2 they would not catch and kept pulling out :confused:. This has never happened to me in 25+ years of string changes and 2 years on the Reverend (maybe 10-15 changes). I ended up having to used the double holes (this Reverend has those double hole Wilkinson tunes that I never liked and only typically use 1 of the holes).

I cannot for the life of me figure out what was different. Maybe I have to learn a new way after all these years :eek::eek:

Archived