One Last Intonation Question

Fuzzz

• Members

I've been learning how to adjust the intonation on my Les Paul Studio, and so far it appears to be a big success.

One last question [concern] is that the strings that run from the stopbar tailpiece to the bridge, are actually touching the back of the bridge on a sharp angle before they actually settle in their corresponding saddles. Is this bad or possibly detrimental in anyway?

I'm thinking I may have to raise the stopbar tailpiece a bit. As always, thank you for reading. :)

• Members

yeah, just to confirm u definately have to make sure the strings are not touching the back of the bridge. some people say if the tailpiece is too high that u get less sustain but dont listen to those losers ^_^

ps. bends are easier if u have a higher tailpiece. the strings are less 'tight' !!

pps. i've heard some people say u should have the angle of the strings from the bridge to the tailpiece, the same as the angle of the strings from the nut to the tuners

• Members

You can also wrap the strings around the top of the tailpiece if you want. Just put the stirings through the other side and wrap around the back. It may leave marks though. There are a lot of guys that do this, and swear by it.

• Members

Just wanted to bump this thread one last time for Monto and 58Flame 's comments. Some good info in this thread that I don't think a lot of Les Paul owners are aware of.

Much appreciated everyone, thanks for helping me with my Les Paul :thu::wave:

• Members
Just wanted to bump this thread one last time for Monto and 58Flame 's comments. Some good info in this thread that I don't think a lot of Les Paul owners are aware of.

Much appreciated everyone, thanks for helping me with my Les Paul
:thu::wave:

You're welcome. Glad I could help.

Archived