LMAO at John Lee Hooker in the Blues Brothers.

twofoolsaminute

• Members

I had no idea there was an extended version of the blues brothers. This has been my favorite movie for many many years, but I guess I have never watched it on DVD and it has escaped me that there's this half hour longer version.

Anyway..On Maxwell street John Lee Hooker plays the whole Boom Boom Boom song and at the end gets in a fight about whether he wrote the song.

After the Blue Brothers come out of Matt and Aretha's restaurant, John Lee is still out there fighting a guy, and still holding his Gibson. Cracked me up.

Oh yeah...and Steve Cropper can play the crap out of that Tele.

• Members

I had no idea there was an extended version of the blues brothers. This has been my favorite movie for many many years, but I guess I have never watched it on DVD and it has escaped me that there's this half hour longer version.

Anyway..On Maxwell street John Lee Hooker plays the whole Boom Boom Boom song and at the end gets in a fight about whether he wrote the song.

After the Blue Brothers come out of Matt and Aretha's restaurant, John Lee is still out there fighting a guy, and still holding his Gibson. Cracked me up.

Oh yeah...and Steve Cropper can play the crap out of that Tele.

Most of those extra scenes only distract from the movie, like sitting through Elwood getting fired from the glue factory.

The disappointing part is, apparently, hours of footage of R&B acts filmed for the film were all destroyed when they didn't make the final cut.

Archived