Epi Les Pauls - Weight

mcr23

• Members

my epi zakk custom is about 9.5-10lbs it's freaking heavy(most zakk sig are heavy and is probably the heaviest epi you can find) and epi slash is about 8.5lbs which gives me dark heavy sound when i strum accoustically and the body is made with 4 pieces of mysterious mahogany :confused:.

seriously i dont think heavier guitar gives better sound. as for epi lp you just have to try them out and pick the one which "feels" right in your hands. oh and the stock pu had to go, they sounds like crap.

• Members

my epi zakk custom is about 9.5-10lbs it's freaking heavy(most zakk sig are heavy and is probably the heaviest epi you can find) and
epi slash is about 8.5lbs
which gives me dark heavy sound when i strum accoustically
and the body is made with 4 pieces of mysterious mahogany :confused
:.

seriously i dont think heavier guitar gives better sound. as for epi lp you just have to try them out and pick the one which "feels" right in your hands. oh and the stock pu had to go, they sounds like crap.

The Epi Slash was touted for having premium woods and construction.

This seems kind of Bogus to have so many pieces. They can be OK at it sometimes then I've seen those Les pauls that when you look down into the curve you can see how the top piece was cut into the second layer then curved back up over the toggle area showing the other seam. Those should have been painted black, not used as a natural side.

Definitely not used on a $999 Slash if that's the case.

My $399 Epi LP has 3 pieces of wood and no trace of miscut

• Members

Ok well this sounds like a deal then.

I just need to change the pickups. Barknuckle suggested the stormy monday buckers for a slash tone.

I also like the dark bridge/lizard combo from that comany that makes the BG

:o

Archived