The check list.

Blackhell

• Members

Well, my dad said that for Christmas he would order everything I need to build a guitar. The only down fall is that I can't paint it. Cold PA winters can't be good paint, and I want it done right. Here's what I'm thinking:

Southeast '84 Retta with a humbucker in the bridge, and a single in neck.

-made from mahogany with a 1/8'' flamed maple top.

-paint it trans-green

-angled neck pocket

Mighty Mite maple neck

-Floyd nut cut

-Compound radius

Pickups

-GFS VEH in the bridge

-Seymour Duncan Little '59 in the neck

Other electronics:

-500k push-pull volume pot (coil-split)

-toggle switch to switch between pickups

-another toggle for a killswitch

Bridge

-Ping Floyd Rose in gold

-EVH D-Tuna in gold

tuners

-Some kind of Groovers in gold. I haven't decided fully on tuners.

Green and gold. Who know it looked so damn good?

This guitar will be set to be flush mount and down a half step.

Am I forgetting anything? Sounds cool, huh?

• Members

Sounds good. Are you looking for parts missing from your list? If so, you are going to need a neck plate and some tools (tuner reamer, some drill bits, etc.). Also some shielding tape and wire and some pickguard or rear covers. Oh, and an input jack.

• Members

Sounds good. Are you looking for parts missing from your list? If so, you are going to need a neck plate and some tools (tuner reamer, some drill bits, etc.). Also some shielding tape and wire and some pickguard or rear covers. Oh, and an input jack.

For a neck plate, I think I'm gonna do a personilized neck plate from Guitarheads.net with my name on it. What are Mighty Mite headstocks routed for tuner wise? Sperzels? Groovers? Kluson? It doesn't matter much since I have the locking nut on it. The sheilding tape I'll get from Stew-Mac. This body doesn't really need a pickguard. Rear covers you can find anywhere pretty much. The input jack I'll probably grab up my local music store since they started carrying Mighty Mite parts.

• Members

Sounds sick, Blackhell. You putting this on GW forums? Be sure to make a build thread.

I mention it in the "I don't know about you guys..." thread in the pit about my dad getting me all the stuff (and possibly and Xbox 360). I have build thread in the electric guitar forum over there too. I'll take alot of pictures of the process.

Archived