I'm ticked

imtheking

• Members

Back in june I got the neck pickup of my ESP Sambora replaced. He said he would throw in a free setup and it should be no problem and that he would have it by monday (it was a friday). So two weeks later he never called. I was starting to get pissed. Literally another 2 weeks passes and he called.

Tech:Hey sorry for the wait

Me: OK, how's the guitar

Tech: Well there was a problem with the pickup, so I had to drill a hole in it and add some stuff, that's going to be another hundred dollars

Me; Wait, what? What was the problem

Tech: Some stuff broke, and it wouldn't work

ANd it went on and on.

What was only supposed to be a $45 dollar deal ended up being $200!!!!!!! I was SOOOO pissed. I'm still wondering what the problem was. When I got the guitar the setup sucked. The neck was WAY underbowed, the action was TOO high, and there was this tilt (not the good tilt) on the pickup that cause signal loss. I was doing a setup today and with the absolute {censored} job he did made it harder for me. I really regret not getting my money back when I should have.

• Members

I hope you are using the tern "tech" loosely.

"Tech: Well there was a problem with the pickup, so I had to drill a hole in it and add some stuff, that's going to be another hundred dollars"

"Tech: Some stuff broke, and it wouldn't work"

..any one else have a problem with this ?

June was a long time ago

• Members

Haha, thats funny. And I don't want to take a chance with pickup replacement yet, maybe practice on a cheaper guitar, but not that guitar

pickup replacement is one of the easiest things to do to a guitar.

If you are going to try anything for a first time,that would be my suggestion.

• Members

I hope you are using the tern "tech" loosely.

"Tech: Well there was a problem with the pickup, so I had to drill a hole in it and add some stuff, that's going to be another hundred dollars"

"Tech: Some stuff broke, and it wouldn't work"

..any one else have a problem with this ?

Yeah, I would have been down there about 15 minutes after that phone call.

Archived