The Tone

JamMasterG

• Members

Ya, I've been playin for 30 years and ya know when you have it really dialed in close to that tone you have been chasing all these years and then you hit it.You have your amp and toys close to that tone and then you back off the volume on your guitar down to 8 or 9 or in between and there it is.You want to call your best friend and tell him and no one answers.You stop playin for a second and then play again and there it is,THE TONE, so you play for an half an hour and come out to ask your wife about the tone and she has no idea what you are talking about and tells you to turn it down:mad: Such is the life of a married musician.

• Members

don't feel bad, my gf can't even tell the difference between a 6-string guitar and a bass guitar. she says that for the longest time, when she would go to my gigs she had no idea what sounds were coming out of what instruments and had no idea what parts I was playing. To this day she can't tell the difference between a good player like SRV or van halen and a random beginner.

nor does she understand why when I have 8 electric guitars hanging on my wall, I "need" another one.

• Members

Ya, I've been playin for 30 years and ya know when you have it really dialed in close to that tone you have been chasing all these years and then you hit it.You have your amp and toys close to that tone and then you back off the volume on your guitar down to 8 or 9 or in between and there it is.You want to call your best friend and tell him and no one answers.You stop playin for a second and then play again and there it is,THE TONE, so you play for an half an hour and come out to ask your wife about the tone and she has no idea what you are talking about and tells you to turn it down:mad: Such is the life of a married musician.

+1 LOL

and beware....the wife can become jealous of the Tone when you're playing your guitar every spare second you have...

Archived