Any PRS SE Owners? Lets See Them

key_daddy

• Members

My 4 year old Custom 22 shows World Music as the manufacturer. I don't have the old Santana model any longer, but, I suspect is just like yours made by World Music. But the manufacturing is a noticeably better on my version 2 PRS SE and the grade of mahogany used is as good as Epiphone's that were made at World Miusic (hence: version 2).

Maybe just tighter control at the same factory?

Paul Reed Smith made that factory put their name on the guitar. His reasoning was that if their name was on it, they would do a better job maintaining the quality.

Damn smart man that PRS.

• Members

Maybe just tighter control at the same factory?

Paul Reed Smith made that factory put their name on the guitar. His reasoning was that if their name was on it, they would do a better job maintaining the quality.

Damn smart man that PRS.

Well, if I wasn't so lazy, I might mozy on over to a PRS forum somewhere and ask around about the evolution of the PRS SE.

Did I get a bad SE Santana way back when? Maybe. I do recall a few others complaining about the soft body wood as well back in the day.

The year SE Santana went away and the new models began to come out, the quality also got better. The hardware seemed identical, but lots of small things like the fingerboard, fret dressing, finish, and the grade of wood they were using all got a little better and have stayed that way. I immediately dumped my Santana SE and got a SE Custom. Later, I got a Soapbar II, which is also excellent.

• Members

However, the
difference is only negligible unless you replace the stud anchors
in the guitar itself (mine are steel and are also from pigtail - both fit perfectly. Threads line up perfectly and have no lean). Then you can really hear it ring!!
:eek:

Can't just replace one weak chain in the link, so to speak. :poke:

I want an adjustable bridge because of issues with intonation (different tunings and I use a wound 3rd string). I don't have any issues with the sound.

Thanks. At $90 I'll keep looking around for now.

• 7 years later...
  • Members

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n31920979[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_123220_1487155760939_300[/ATTACH] My modified PRS SE.

Red coloured SE Custom has two extra tap/phase switches and Seymour Duncan pickups.

Blue coloured SE EG has Fender 54 limited pickups and Turbo Blender Circuit.

Both guitars also feature Gotoh Magnum Lock Peg and ESP arming adjuster.

5d96d51bb330fadb8befbf1c29c29300.thumb.JPG.f880c1057f92a93783d0b8bbb8aed7a6.JPG

Archived