Trade question...

MKSkud

• Members

Hey all, I've got the chance to trade my PRS SE Custom 22 for a 2001 MIJ Ibanez RG470... The Ibanez has V7,V8 pickups, a Takeuchi TRS floyd trem (NOT the TRS-II), and a hard shell case...

I've had a MIK RG320 before, and it was a decent guitar. Very solid. The MIJ RG470 I figure would be even better... Anyone have any experience with them? Worth it, straight up?

• Members

Two questions..

1 - Do you like the PRS?

If yes, stop here.. If no, proceed to question 2..

2 - Do you like the 470?

If yes, then trade. If no, then don't trade.

Simple as that really. Value wise, they're both low dollar imports that can be had for less than $500 easily.

My opinion of those two guitars is that the 470 sucked ({censored} pups, {censored} trem)and the PRS is nice. Personally, I'd stick with the PRS unless you like the 470.. Be careful because some of the 470's were MIJ and some were MIK. And this was long before MIK was a good thing.

• Members

Two questions..

1 - Do you like the PRS?

If yes, stop here.. If no, proceed to question 2..

2 - Do you like the 470?

If yes, then trade. If no, then don't trade.

Simple as that really. Value wise, they're both low dollar imports that can be had for less than $500 easily.

My opinion of those two guitars is that the 470 sucked ({censored} pups, {censored} trem)and the PRS is nice. Personally, I'd stick with the PRS unless you like the 470.. Be careful because some of the 470's were MIJ and some were MIK. And this was long before MIK was a good thing.

No, I understand what your saying... I don't usually ask "what guitar should i get, which one is the best, etc"... I'd play a 2x4 with strings if thats what I liked...

The PRS is an incredible guitar, but I've had it for a year, and it's just not for me... What I'm wondering, is the MIJ Ibanez RG470 = the PRS SE Custom 22, like am I giving the SE away for a $150 Squier, type thing, or is the RG470 on the same level of guitar as the PRS SE...

Archived