++ for Xaviere Guitars from Guitarfetish.com

CBDBRP

• Members

For financial reasons, I'm sitting out any purchases at the moment.

But I've had my eye on those p90 teles for awhile.

The one thing that concerns me a little (and only a little) is that in the pictures, the colors look a little plastic-y, if you know what I mean.

How are the finishes in person?

• Members

For financial reasons, I'm sitting out any purchases at the moment.

But I've had my eye on those p90 teles for awhile.

The one thing that concerns me a little (and only a little) is that in the pictures, the colors look a little plastic-y, if you know what I mean.

How are the finishes in person?

The finishes IMO are pretty nice - no orange peel, seems pretty durable, but not mega thick like standard Fender Teles. The Monaco Yellow is very bright indeed, so that degree of vibrance can lead one to believe it's plasticy, so I think I know what you mean... However, in person, it does look better than on the website for what it's worth. The pink and the surf green and the blue on the other hand don't have that effect because they don't have that vibrance that the yellow and oranges have. I tend to go with natural colors, so the wife got me that crazy yellow as kind of a joke.

• Members

So how are the xaviere copies in comparison to say a mexican tele or a squire classic vibe. Got a les paul and a strat right now. Really been wanting a tele for a while now but haven't gotten one do to lack of funds:0( What models would you say these are comparable to in feel, finish, and tone??

I have had a MIM standard tele, but have no experience with CV Teles. To be honest I like the Xaviere over the standard MIM Tele because of the thicker neck mostly. I also find the GFS pups a bit hotter and more touch responsive and they just sound awesome. I don't feel like I would want to replace the pups on the Xaviere, but I could never really get the sound I wanted from the standard - purely subjective on my part. I think the XV820 can more than hold it's own against a standard Tele from Fender, but your friends won't ogle the name on the headstock... I do have a USA Strat and a MIM Strat (w/pup upgrade), so I have nothing against Fenders at all. I love them.

• Members

I have a set of Lollars in one of my Blueshawks. The GFS pups do compare favorably but the Lollars have the edge.

I agree with you that the Lollars have the edge, albeit at great cost! Also, my Lollar P90s are in a solidbody (mahogany) Washburn. The GFS P90s are in a thinline body, so there are differences in tone attributed to that. The GFSs in the thinline body absolutely howl with some drive!!

• Members

I have had a MIM standard tele, but have no experience with CV Teles. To be honest I like the Xaviere over the standard MIM Tele because of the thicker neck mostly. I also find the GFS pups a bit hotter and more touch responsive and they just sound awesome. I don't feel like I would want to replace the pups on the Xaviere, but I could never really get the sound I wanted from the standard - purely subjective on my part. I think the XV820 can more than hold it's own against a standard Tele from Fender, but your friends won't ogle the name on the headstock... I do have a USA Strat and a MIM Strat (w/pup upgrade), so I have nothing against Fenders at all. I love them.

I have a Squier CV Tele and it needed nothing more than a string change to be a go-to guitar right out of the box. The two Xavieres I had briefly, not so much.

• Members

I have a Squier CV Tele and it needed nothing more than a string change to be a go-to guitar right out of the box. The two Xavieres I had briefly, not so much.

To each his own, right? Anyway, I REALLY want a CV Duosonic....

Archived