finally a justification for Phil Collins

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My favorites are Hendrix, Clapton in Cream, Led Zep and Rush. At the same time I think that Phil Collins has written some of the most interesting music to listen to in the whole history of music. It may sound too 'pop' or something to you, (and I don't care much for pop, especially today's) but his melody lines were so catchy (in a good way), his chord progressions were cool, and his rhythm...wow. He uses rhythms like no rock artist. I always assumed it was because he is a drummer writing music.

To be honest, I consider Phil Collins one of the geniuses, among about 5. And Spielberg is the only other one I can even think of right now. Although some of Spiel's movies really suck, come to think of it. :)

• Members

I always say that in these threads: like Phil cares! Phil, sitting in his chalet in Switzerland and frolicking amongst the sales results of 150 million albums, doesn't give a crap what we think. So we can think what we want.

Better use of time: which song sucks more: "Sussudio" or his cover of "Groovy Kind of Love"? Discuss. :D

Archived