Counterfeit Gibson Les Paul Silverburst on eBay

FourT6and2

• Members

Please continue to post "Watch Out" ebay sales for fakes!! It is the only way people can be aware of what might be out there.

Great Job but in this case that thing is real and probably worth some cash.

Again - it's great to know we are on the lookout for each other and I'd hate to get caught with a fraud.

Thanks!!

Wow, my bad I guess. Never heard of this prototype SM model...

But, really... the thing looks like it's a pretty shady guitar and the description in the auction didn't help.

The title of the auction and guitar's date were also changed right after I posted this thread...

EDIT:

Seller has now "updated" the auction to say that he painted the headstock logo on with automotive paint and added the strap button to the back of the guitar, among other things.

• Members

It says right in the description that the headstock diamond was painted on by the original owner with silver auto touch up paint.

Read the freaking listing before you start with the accusations.

Read the {censored}ing thread before YOU start with the accusations!

The listing was EDITED after I made this thread. Thanks, though.

• Members

Read the {censored}ing thread before YOU start with the accusations!

The listing was EDITED after I made this thread. Thanks, though.

Yeah, I sent him an email and asked what he used to make the diamond... He was really cool about it, and I don't think he's trying to be deceptive. He told me that he was going to edit the auction right away, but I didn't come at him in an accusatory fashion or anything. Seems like a good guy.

• Members

lol, omg, he got me!!!! lollers!

No, for real. I was wrong, it's a real Gibson according to everyone else.
:confused:

hey man - don't defend yourself! you did a great thing bringing this up and KEEP DOING IT!! the other experts here will agree or refute depending on the pics, description, looks, etc. - That's called collaborating.

Some of us like to slam when we collaborate - it's a bad people style but none-the-less usually trying to get to the truth! To harm is meant by it - it's just what we do

• Members

That seems like a pretty cool guitar to me and could be a nice entry into a vintage rare Les Paul. Anybody want to hazard a guess at what it will sell for????

Its funny how a celebrity can affect the market. Before Adam Jones came along, silverburst was about the most least desirable color. If you wanted a Les Paul in the 80's through early 90's a silverburst was the cheapest way to go.

I always liked them though but wound up with a '79 Deluxe.

• 10 years later...

Archived