Ibanez Hard Rocker Pro (RS1000 / RS1500) tremolo arm: thread diameter?

Alex_SF

• Members

I know there are a few RS1000 enthusiasts on this board. Care to help a fella out?

Just took possession of an '83 RS1000, with the Hard Rocker Pro tremolo (as seen here). The guitar's quite lovely, save for some minor wear & tear on the back of the body, and it's missing the tremolo arm -- which I knew when I bought it. I may not even miss the arm much, as I'm not a big whammy freak, but I may eventually want to replace it.

There are a few Hard Rocker Pro arms out there being offered at ridiculous prices (like, high $$ up to low $$$) -- and no way in hell I'm spending 25% of the value of the entire guitar just for a tremolo arm. So I can look for a fairly generic replacement, anybody who has one able to tell me what the thread diameter of the arm on the Hard Rocker Pro bridge is? The hole looks to be about 5mm, but it'd be nice to get confirmation on that. Thanks!

• Members

Gold finish?

I might have one here for you.

I'll look tonight.

Yep, gold finish -- though I believe the arm was black on the originals, so either would work.

4251887601_4be160d658.jpg

And that would be very sweet if you had one -- let me know and we'll see if we can work something out.

• Members

Update: After trying arms from a Kahler (10-32) and a CIJ '54 RI Strat (just slightly bigger than the Kahler) and finding them too thin, I tried the "Floyd import 6mm" Guitarfetish arm that I got for my Westone Pantera: the threads fit pretty well, but the arm position tightened up pretty abruptly pointing the wrong direction. But I guess I can remedy that with Teflon tape. So M6x1.0 it is.

fuel_truck -- if you do have an extra one laying around, please PM me and let me know what you'd like for it: the Guitarfetish arm is a good part, but I get a bit annoyed with Jay for charging $8.00 shipping on a $4.30 item that weighs only a couple ounces and could be sent for half that amount including packaging. The total amount isn't even a huge deal, but it's the principle of the thing: if it were $8.30 for the part and $4.00 for shipping I somehow wouldn't mind at all.

• Members

I got my RS1000 about 4 years ago and of course, it didn't come with an arm. Back then I looked around and I swear there was a website that had OEM arms that fit for about $22 or so. I think I found the website on jemsite or ibanez.ru or something like that.

Of course, that was a while back and maybe the supply has since dried up.

It is pretty crazy how expensive that stuff is getting. For a while, I was trying to find a pair of the SureGrip knobs but those are going for like $35 a pair!

:eek:

Eye candy... because there's ALWAYS time for more 80s Ibanez pics. :thu:

P1060322a1.jpg

DSC_3161a1.jpg

Archived