powerhouse strat pickups

j*h

• Members

The dummy coil does offer some noise reduction supposedly. If you're getting very loud hum, you could have a grounding issue somewhere in the electronics. I've heard that the dummy coil will NOT work properly if it is not affixed to the pickguard underside.

BUT, if you look at the parts list from Fender, the pickups are the exact same as in the American Standard (I believe they actually call them "American Standard Pickups" on the Fender parts list).

Powerhouse Strat:

http://www.fender.com/support/diagrams/pdf_temp1/stratocaster/0139500_02A/SD0139500_02APg3.pdf

American Standard:

http://www.fender.com/support/diagrams/pdf_temp1/stratocaster/0107400_02C/SD0107400_02CPg3.pdf

Notice that both use part no. 0039826000 for the pickups.

• Members

the hum isnt loud,it sounds similar to my other single coil guitars.i had a peek inside and the dummy coil was loose.how is it supposed to be attached?

Foam double stick tape works fine. If it's completely loose, then it's probably hitting the shielding paint in the cavity and shorting out some way. it should fit right up on the pickguard by the pots. If you want me to take a picture of how it should look when I get home tonight, I can do that (I have the entire pickguard ripped out right now and am using a completely different setup in what used to be a Powerhouse) :).

• Members

I was curious about putting the Clapton mid-boost setup in a HSS guitar with NO dummy coil. I have a Powerhouse Strat and love the mid-boost.

After trying various pickups I realized it wouldn't work without that damn dummy coil!

Noise! Noise! Noise!

Anybody had any success using this setup without a dummy coil and with a Humbucker in the bridge---or with a different single-coil setup??

• Members

just re-attached the dummy with double sided sticky foam and its now definatly quieter,it must have been shorting out somthing.earlyer on i was getting allsorts of weird pickup combos neck bridge and middle all togeter by wobbeling the selector switch.sounded kind of good but im glad its back to normal!

• Members

just re-attached the dummy with double sided sticky foam and its now definatly quieter,it must have been shorting out somthing.earlyer on i was getting allsorts of weird pickup combos neck bridge and middle all togeter by wobbeling the selector switch.sounded kind of good but im glad its back to normal!

Nice. . . . for once advice I gave was actually worth a damn :)

Archived