70's Fender RI MIJ strat-What's it worth?

straightarm

• Members

i sold one of these not too long ago in slightly better shape then yours (although i think the fretboard looks cooler on yours). i would say 400 would be easy to get, 450 might take a bit, and 500 would be pushing it. it was a sweet guitar, but i didnt like the vintage frets and radius.

• Members

$125... where do I send paypal?

Seriously though, I've only seen and considered two MIJ 70s RIs in the last 6 months or so and they were both asking $500 and both of them took a while to sell. One was black and one was natural ash. I have plenty of Japanese strats but if I was interested in yours, I'd offer $400 and probably wouldn't go over $450.

Still, I'd shoot for getting $500 and work down from there. All it takes is 1 player willing to pay your asking price.

• Members

Definitely. Like I said, I'd buy one for $400... which means by definition, I wouldn't sell one for $400.

:thu:

Just to throw out there... if you don't like white line of the pickguard visible, you can take a Sharpie marker around that bevel two or three times and from 2 feet away, it looks like a 1 piece pickguard. I've done two like that.

DSC_4241a1.jpg

P1070637a1.jpg

Archived