Favourite 2-in-1 Dirt Box

Alecto

• Members

I have a Jekyll & Hyde.. used it for years (old red one, not the V2) on the road and in the studio... and I have moments where I love it, and moments where I want to throw it in the highway and watch it get run over repeatedly.

It's still one of my main dirt pedals, but I always swap (or add in conjuction) my ancient RAT, TS9 or 808, and sometimes even my Double Drive with it.

Still on the search... but I do like the buffer it has. Really loves being used with other fx pedals in chain.

• Members

I have a Jekyll & Hyde.. used it for years (old red one, not the V2) on the road and in the studio... and I have moments where I love it, and moments where I want to throw it in the highway and watch it get run over repeatedly.

It's still one of my main dirt pedals, but I always swap (or add in conjuction) my ancient RAT, TS9 or 808, and sometimes even my Double Drive with it.

How's the Double Trouble?

BTW, according to their website, Blackstar doesn't have a Canadian dealer. Pity.

• Members

according to their website, Blackstar doesn't have a Canadian dealer. Pity.

Ain't it.

The Blackstar founders are ex-Marshall guys, and their stuff kinda leans in that direction. That said, I use their tube-driven, true-bypass 16v HT-Boost pedal for -- you guessed -- a truly transparent clean boost with my Strat and Super Reverb, and when it's engaged, it simply gives me a higher-volume helping of the tone I've already got: exactly like walking over to my amp and turning it up a notch or two.

• Members

the double trouble is just the TubeScreamer side of the J&K doubled up. Its ok, but you're not gonna get a whole ton of gain, but the tones are good, and it works nicely as a boost.

I do have to say tho, Visual Sound has one of the nicest and quickest responses for customer service I have dealt with over the years. The bass boost (& sharp/blunt) switches have a habit of dying so I contacted them about it, and they sent out 4 new switches to me free. Just had to de-solder 3 connections, pop the new ones in, solder em up and done. & I have extras in case it happens again (I really use this pedal ALOT).

For their service alone, I'll remain a loyal fan. Plus the pedals are pretty damn nice for the $$.

Archived