Ever hit yourself in the head...

Jeff da Weasel

• Members

Never hit my head with a guitar or clairnet.... But I did get a concussion from a 120 pound thirdgrader in full football gear. caught a straight hit right in the ear. lost some language skills for a while.

Then, wayyy back when I was a mechanic, I was doing an alignment on some ford. I cant get the control arm to move so I climb up on the rack with with trusty long pry bar. Pull and tug and the realize a split second before disaster strikes that I am hanging off of an elevated alignment rack, pulling back with all my weight hanging on this bar which happens to be 6 inches away from my nose. once this processes, the control arm breaks loose, the prybar slams directly into the bridge of my nose breaking it, and I fall off of the alignment rack.

but at least i didn't hit my head on my guitar......

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've had a couple of instrument-related injuries. Here's two involving blood.

Mid-90s, I was in a band that was probably the most popular original group I've ever been, a rocky Kurt Weil-esque, trash can orchestra kind of affair with reeds and strings. Playing a great gig in a big club, I was doing a rock star dip of sorts and slammed my forehead into the reed-end of a clarinet on a stand, opening a big gash and sending blood streaming into my eyes as I finished the song and the set.

You're a rock and roll animal. :D

In the last band I played in, we frequently ended the set with this quiet song that erupted into sheets of feedback. I would scrape the guitar against the mic stand, cymbals, sometimes the lead singer's guitar, whatever, and unleash howls of feedback. FUN!!!! But in stumbling or sometimes rolling around while unleashing sonic mayhem, I've bashed into the bass player's headstock, had cords roll under me and cause me to fall, I've cracked the keys of my keyboard twice, and knocked over various things.

Never - not once - during this time have I ever cracked my head on a clarinet. You are an animal.

Archived