4-way mod

pjb123

• Members

if a telecaster has a 4-way switch and you want to install a new set of pickups should you use stock(same polarity)pickups or a set of pickups where one (usually neck is rw/rp) .i have heard that you should use stocks or you will louse clarity of tone and a volume drop in positions 2 and 4 ,that said i know the purpose of having two pickups(single coil) of apposing polarity is to cancel hum does anyone out there know which combination i should use

• Members

Do have a 4 way now? If so does it now hum? I'm not sure but I don't think stock tele pups are rw/rp. BTW that is, I believe different than reverse phase.

I wouldn't worry about it as teles don't have nearly the hum issues of strats.

You will have to disconnect the wire to the neck pup's cover and ground it separately.

• Members

thanks you see i bought this guitar a(97 usa tele )with the 4-way switch already instaled it had semour duncan broadcasters in and is very quiet .i

i ordered a set of barenuckle piledrivers (extra earth wire for the neck) only later to find that the neck pickup is rp/rw on the broadcaster neck (compass test)and stock on the piledriver neck and am concerned with the loss of the tele humcancelling and the extra high output pickups it could produce a hum monster

Archived