Help Me Out With A Test Please

bobc

• Members

I would like some help with this test if you could help me out.

I posted this thread yesterday...

Click Here

I wanted to see if there is a difference between setting the bridge flush and the way that I blocked it in the above thread, so I recorded test clips of each way.

I recorded all the tests through a Fishman SoloAmp and used a large diaphragm condenser mic about 4 ft. in front of the SoloAmp. I have the Strat strung with D'Addario Chomes 12's (flat wound) strings and am using a Fender heavy pick. Volume and tone controls on the guitar are all set to 10, and everything on the SoloAmp was set flat.

The first test clips are recorded with no effects except for the last little part which I added chorus and delay. Both tests are the same pattern in each of the 5 switch positions.

Test 1: Bridge Set Flat

Test 1: Bridge Blocked With Bone Saddle

The second test clips are recorded with the same chorus and delay. Both tests are the same pattern in each of the 5 switch positions.

Test 2: Bridge Set Flat

Test 2: Bridge Blocked With Bone Saddle

I would like to know if you hear a difference between the bridge being flush and it being blocked with the bone saddle, and if you do hear a difference, what your opinion is.

Thanks in advance for your participation...:)

• Members

Really? I heard a huge difference and I pretty much had a premeditated bias leaning towards the flat sounding better so I was surprised.

Of course I am using a pair of Sennseiser HD-25-1 cans which may make it seem a bit more drastic to me.

And I ain't no corksniffer...a little glue or paint, but no corks. :lol:

Archived