SonicBids Quandry: Multiple Submissions

Deeprig9

• Members

Recently started using it and it sucks to have to pay to submit but life isn't fair, never has been, never will be. That's not my complaint.

One thing I don't like is that submitting to different festivals, like one festival that's pop-oriented, we'd like to submit our poppy songs. Another festival we want to submit to, more an experimental indie thing, we'd like to submit our experimental indie-stuff. With a sonic bids profile, you can't do that. Submit to 2 festivals (in this case) at the same time, you can't pitch your most appropriate stuff, and I think this may cause us to not get selected for some of these events. We've got a punkish type song, a pop type song, and a rock song on the profile. I think if the pop-oriented fest hears the other two songs, they may question whether or not we are appropriate, although we've got a full set of pop. If the punk festival hears the pop song, they'll deny us because of the pop song on there. And on and on.

Do I have a legitimate complaint?

See, in the days of real press kits, you could submit exactly what you wanted that recipient to hear and know. Now, you sort of have to be prepared to please everyone with one press kit when you are doing simulteaneous submissions like we are.

Any discussions, thoughts, suggestions, stories?

• Members

I guess it's ok if you are a one-sound band, like a metal band with a few quirky songs, or a pop band with a few metal spoofs, it's totally appropriate, but we've got 50's throwbacks, 80's mod, metal, showtunes on acid, jazzabilly, kind of a Ween thing going on. I guess the best way to handle it is to say this in our bio, huh? Yeah, probably. I guess I should go do that.

Archived