Accoustic Question: Yamaha FD01S

Woody_in_MN

• Members

I know next to nothing about acoustic guitars. I have the above guitar. From time to time I see it on my wall and think, "I didn't pay that much for it - its probably not that good". Then I sit and play it for a few minutes and think. "Gee, this is actaually a pretty nice guitar, looks good, plays pretty good, and sounds VERY good". So how good an acoustic is this? If I can get something considerably better for around $200 - $300, I would consider upgrading. Or would I have to spend a lot more money to get something that is a lot better?

I have a $75 gift card to J&R, and they seem to have a lot of Washburn acoutics. If anyone has experience with Washburn acoustics, what model and how much money would I spend to do a significant upgrade?

If I only would get a small upgrade for the money I mentioned ($200 - $300), I probably will keep the Yamaha, and watch for another good by on somethiong else at J&R.

Thoughts?

- w

• Members

The Yamahas are terrific. I looked pretty hard at a couple when I got mine last fall.

Ended up with a sweet Ibby instead for two bills.

HPIM0697.jpg

100_0139.jpg

Sorry, had the photobucket open Couldn't resist.

That Yamaha is a nice guitar. You'll probably have to spend quite a bit more to find something noticeably better.

EG

Archived