Should I do the treble bleed mod on my Strat?

sfarfsky

• Members

I just installed one on my Strat yesterday. I'm using Bill Lawrence Keystone pickups and the Mojo blender wiring setup with CTS 250k audio pots. It made a huge difference in how the volume pot reacts. Subtle changes in volume now make a difference. Before, sound would cut out at about 3 or 4. Now I can go down to 1 or 2 and still detect differences in volume. I have 2 other guitars that I plan to do this with. It's a great and simple mod.

FWIW, I bought mine pre made from this guy on ebay. Fast shipping. I highly recommend him.

• Members

I just installed one on my Strat yesterday. I'm using Bill Lawrence Keystone pickups and the Mojo blender wiring setup with CTS 250k audio pots. It made a huge difference in how the volume pot reacts. Subtle changes in volume now make a difference. Before, sound would cut out at about 3 or 4. Now I can go down to 1 or 2 and still detect differences in volume. I have 2 other guitars that I plan to do this with. It's a great and simple mod.

FWIW, I bought mine pre made from
on ebay. Fast shipping. I highly recommend him.

+1

Have one on my Strat and it works as MHN says. I can also lower the volume and not lose as much treble.

Archived