Lower end Parkers

rakester

• Members

I had that very guitar. Got a crazy good deal on it used. The other guy had it set up pretty poorly, but I managed to get probably the best setup I've ever done out of it. I've only played two other cheaper Parkers and they were OK, but needed tweaking so I'm not sure if I just got lucky or if they are pretty consistent. The two other forum members that played it were also very impressed with it.

They aren't crazy lightweight like the American Parkers if that's a big consideration. The pickups were OK. I think they are the knockoff attempt of the JB/Jazz combo that comes in a lot of the lower end American Parkers. Neither was quite as bright as I prefer, but I definitely prefer a brighter than average pickup. Pickup combo was definitely pretty versatile but the only tone I got out of it that I was truly completely happy with was heavy chugga stuff on the bridge pickup where I normally roll the treble off a bit anyway.

Overall, I had a great experience with it, but ended up trading it for something else... which I also traded for something I really wanted. For metal, I could probably live with it as is, and for jazz, the neck pickup wasn't bad, just not terribly complex. I never really planned on keeping it, so I didn't give much thought to replacement pickups.

P1080156a1.jpg

• Members

I traded a guitar I had $95 in for mine, then traded it for a guitar listed on craigslist for $400 and I got come cash my way too. Then traded that guitar for my #2 amp which I LOVE!

:lol:

If you like how they look, they are a fine guitar. Mine was an older Korean one and I think some of the newer ones might be Indonesian which shouldn't make a difference as long as the QC is there.

Again, mine played GREAT and everyone that played it felt the same way. Guess I'm just too much of a traditionalist. But to be sure, mine was much heavier than any American Parker I've ever played. A buddy of mine has two Parkers and he almost dropped mine when I handed it to him. I bet it weighs almost 3lbs more than his. Nowhere near a heavy LP, but probably 8-ish lbs. I wouldn't consider the weight an issue, but if you are expecting it to be like an American Parker, it will not be in the weight department.

Archived