Harmony guitar

danyol

• Members

I just bought a Silvertone 1454 or Harmony H76 or 78 Single cut away with a bigsby for $700 I can't help to think I paid to much for it.

The main thing is the headstock has the name removed and redone with the initials VM. The neck was never changed the and it was done by a professional. Would this effect the value greatly if I tried to resell it

• Members

I love Harmony guitars. I have an old Stratotone.

I saw this same guitar on eBay and it was interesting.

Sadly... I think you may have paid a bit too much for it. I'm not entirely sure what that model goes for but maybe 400-500?

By the books it is about that much, but you would have to find a buyer that is really interested.

So it isn't that horrible. But it seems a bit too much to me. I know you can get Harmony Rockets around 400-500, so that is what I am going off of.

Also, depending on the buyer, the VM on the headstock could effect the resale value. I know that is what drove me away from it.

• Members

Do Harmony guitar pickups sound different then silvertones. They have the same body but different pickups. Where they designed the same too.

No, they should be the same. They were built in the same place. The only difference was the name on the headstock.

• Members

I love Harmony guitars. .

Some Harmony guitars are okay - especially the old hollow and semi hollow models.

The only Harmony guitar I hate is the Bobkat. It looks like a demented copy of a Fender Jazzmaster.

• Members

Some Harmony guitars are okay - especially the old hollow and semi hollow models.

The only Harmony guitar I hate is the Bobkat. It looks like a demented copy of a Fender Jazzmaster.

Really? I always thought it was a copy of a non-reverse firebird.

Archived