Anyone ever do electronics work on one of these?

paul6string

• Members

I have one in lemon drop. I was playing it yesterday and noticed that the input jack was a bit loose. I then realized that there is almost no access to repair it in the event that it fell into the body. I'm thinking that the pickups would have to come out, and perhaps a mini snake fed through to get it done.

• Members

I have one in lemon drop. I was playing it yesterday and noticed that the input jack was a bit loose. I then realized that there is almost no access to repair it in the event that it fell into the body. I'm thinking that the pickups would have to come out, and perhaps a mini snake fed through to get it done.

Is that an SBG700?

• Members

Hollow Bodies can be a bit tricky to wire up I've done a few. Here's a trick I've used for about 30 years. Take an old Phillips screw driver with about 1/4" shaft, that will fit into the FM jack, grind the end of the screw driver to look like an input jack. You can slip the nut over the shaft and stick the screw driver into the FM jack so it catches the jacks clip, then pull it through the hole in the body and screw on the nut. If you want you can add a little locktight or even some white glue to hold the nut in place so it won't come undone again.

Good luck.

• Members

Hollow Bodies can be a bit tricky to wire up I've done a few. Here's a trick I've used for about 30 years. Take an old Phillips screw driver with about 1/4" shaft, that will fit into the FM jack, grind the end of the screw driver to look like an input jack. You can slip the nut over the shaft and stick the screw driver into the FM jack so it catches the jacks clip, then pull it through the hole in the body and screw on the nut. If you want you can add a little locktight or even some white glue to hold the nut in place so it won't come undone again.

Good luck.

That's a great tip... In the event that it had to be replaced, how do you get the {censored}er back to the opening?

• Members

That's a great tip... In the event that it had to be replaced, how do you get the {censored}er back to the opening?

Without looking at the guitar up close and handy my guess is you would have to pull things apart. BTW before you do much messing with the inards, put some electrical tape on the guitar around where you are working to prevent scraches.

Archived