RIP Nujabes

2pacHendrix

• Members

A popular Japanese hip-hop artist Nujabes is dead at age 36. News reports and the artist's record label have confirmed that Nujabes death came as the result of a tragic car accident back on February 26th. The accident came while Nujabes (real name: Jun Seba) was driving on the Metropolitan Expressway in Tokyo. After being transported to a hospital attempts to save his life proved unsuccessful.

http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474978114214

It's been over a week since his death became public and I have yet to see a Nujabes thread, so I'll pay tribute to him. Jun Seba was a very unique hip hop producer, his songs were very smooth and no one sounded like him. Don't come in this thread and disrespect hip hop or Nujabes, if you don't want to listen to his work or say something nice, then just press the back button right now. I don't want this to turn into another hc hissy fit over hip hop, I just want this thread to be a tribute to Nujabes, a very talented and unique individual.

If you don't know who Jun Seba (AKA Nujabes) is, then I suggest you listen to some of these clips and just sit back and relax.

P.S. Some of his songs have very nice guitar parts in them, which you don't see a lot in hip hop and that's one of the reasons why he is one of my favorite hip hop producers of all time.

TUwRGPxCG_Y

[YOUTUBE]qjqTiQhOgU8[/YOUTUBE]

And my favorite track, Silver Morning:

[YOUTUBE]-lIZe8unpuc[/YOUTUBE]

I just want more people to know about Nujabes, he was a very special man with way more talent than the jonas bros, yet no one knows who he is. Mods, please don't delete or move this thread, I just want people to see the talent of this great man.

Peace

• Members

I'm betting the Jonas Bros have more talent.

Listen to the clips, man. You know how much time and effort hip hop producers go through? Just like all musicians, hip hop producers study and focus at what they do. They have a talent at what they do and if you can't appreciate it, then whatever. Everybody's got an opinion.

• Members

Listen to the clips, man. You know how much time and effort hip hop producers go through? Just like all musicians, hip hop producers study and focus at what they do. They have a talent at what they do and if you can't appreciate it, then whatever. Everybody's got an opinion.

agree 100% 2pac... sorry to hear about the death of an artist you like buddy... i'd be devastated if something were to happen to CCRW...

• Members
Ok, I'm actually not surprised the only comment is from a biggot.
:rolleyes:

"biggot" is a rather strong word to use.

Anyway, it's always a shame when someone loses their life, regardless of the talent.

Bummer. Thanks for posting.

Archived