Best place to put an eq pedal in this setup?

guitarman3001

• Members

So as some of you know, I recently bought a bugera V22 and it has become my favorite amp. So much so that I'm now trying to figure out how to get a similar tone out of my other amps which are both palominos. I think I can get close with an eq pedal.

I'm playing a gig today where the V22 won't be loud enough so I'll be using the palomino head and a 4x10 cab. My setup is the palomino head and a line 6 M13 using the 4 cable method.

My first instinct is to put the eq in the fx loop as the last thing in the fx return. Basically it would be M13 Output to eq in, eq out to amp's fx return.

Do you think this would be the best place for it?

• Members

I use my EQ after all other effects, the last in the chain before going into the preamp I like pushing the front end with a higher level on my EQ. I guess the effects loop thing would work. I just think that I wanna alter the tone before the tone circuits in my amp. If you are already close to where you wanna be then maybe a tweak before the power amp section is what you need.

HNAD BTW

• Members

I use my EQ after all other effects, the last in the chain before going into the preamp I like pushing the front end with a higher level on my EQ. I guess the effects loop thing would work. I just think that I wanna alter the tone before the tone circuits in my amp. If you are already close to where you wanna be then maybe a tweak before the power amp section is what you need.
and about 15 minutes is all you need to perfect the chain sequence!

HNAD BTW

dano fish n chips is what I have! Before I got the M13 I used to use it in the fx loop as a lead boost. Now I want to have it on all the time to warm up my amp in general.

For the money, it's one of the best pedals I've ever bought.

Archived