A new chord game

Annoying Twit

• Members

I thought the other chord game was going to be something quite different from what it was. So, I'll try to start the game I thought it was going to be and see what happens.

In this game, each person adds a new chord to a chord progression. Each person who adds a chord can add as many repeats of either the previous chord or their own chord as they like. E.g. Someone might start with:

C / / /

And then the next person might add:

C / / / _ Am /

The next person might add:

C / / / _ Am / / / _ F /

The next person might add:

C / / / _ Am / / / _ F / Dm7 /

and so on. The game ends when we have a 16 bar chord progression. Note that I've added underscores between bars to make the progression easier to read.

Anyone up for this? Some rules could be that the person who starts chooses the time signature, but no decision is made for key other than what happens when people start adding chords. No need to stay in the same key, modulations are possible. People who add chords copy and paste the progression so far to keep it easy to read.

Here's my start in 4/4.

C /

(Couldn't be simpler)

• Members

The D7 to D#dim sounds fine to me if I play it acoustic fingerstyle. I was going to put a G as the next chord to keep things simple, but I didn't get around to it before the Em9 was posted, and now I can't really play the whole thing smoothly. I might program the sequence into my Yamaha QY20 to see what it sounds like.

Though, maybe it's the chords after teh D#dim that make it not fit.

Archived