NGD not very happy with it

jr_vw2

• Members

Sharp fret ends are probably due to drastic change in humidity. I'd give it a few days then clean the fretboard with lemon oil or whatever fretboard-cleaner-du-jour is.

This, and even then you can just file the fret ends smooth, it doesn't need to be refretted. Its not a huge deal, just a pain in the ass.

• Members

Looks pretty cool, always been a fan of the Kelly body style.

When you get all of the kinks all worked out, I'm sure it will be a good solid player.

Just remember in the future that you should not expect a guitar that has been shipped across the country to have perfect or even good action right out of the box. Temp changes, humidity and such can wreak serious havoc on a guitar's setup. Lack of humidity can cause those fret ends to sprout even on the best guitars.

And ignore those negative comments above regarding the guitars' country of manufacture. I've played some Indonesian and Chinese guitars that blew me away. I do prefer Japanese guitars myself (I do have a Japanese Jackson Concept series with a to-die-for neck), but have no trouble with my Indonesian, Chinese or Korean guitars.

Archived