Show me how to play with myself

jr_vw2

• Members

So I want to be able to jam with other guitar tracks at home. What is my best solution? Record and play the tracks over my pc, or will a looper do what I want here? I'm not looking for anything fancy just wanting to make my own jam tracks so to speak. Gimme some ideas

thanks

• Members

I have used the PC as well as a little ZOOM PS-04. I like the ZOOM, it's a 4 track digital studio with amp modeling that is "OK" some models good others unusable but none great. I normally use my RP100 as the amp model. The main prob is that it saves its songs to a smart media card (up to 128mb) which is unrecognized by most card readers. Since my laptop's line in recording blows I cant get my work from the PS-04 to the internet.

I used to record on the PC using the RP100 into my sound card with Cool Edit Pro as the multi-track software. worked OK on the old slow XP machine. The Vista Laptop I use now blows for recording. I need to get a USB interface to eliminate 1-2 SECOND lag/latency issues. This CPU is much faster and the hard drive has more memory but vista blows. Audacity is a cool free multi track recorder but I cant use it for multi because vista wont let me hear the mix as I am recording. It also has the lag deal going on. I think a USB interface is a must for PC recording nowadays.

The boss Micro-BR seems to answer all of the PS-04s shortcomings. Plus you have BOSS models instead of ZOOM.

• Members

I recommend the Line6 UX1 or UX2 for pc recording... You get lots of POD effects and amp sims, and the speakers hook directly to the unit... When recording with the POD effects, there is no monitoring latency at all... You can choose to record dry, as well, and VST effects other than the POD after the recording...

Archived