Anyone play the new Kramer Pacer Classic

webwarmiller

• Members

I see Amazon and other retailers now have the new 2010 Kramers in stock. $370 for the Pacer Classic seems like a pretty good deal IF Gibson got the necks/bodies right. Same 'real' Floyd as used by Charvel et al and I've always loved the Kramer body shape. So, has anyone actually gotten their hands on one?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

that is a dealbreaker.

Yep, and it doesn't make much sense seeing as how Gibson put an OFR on the Epiphone Prophecy EM-2 FX which has roughly the same street price. At worst they should have put a Floyd Rose Special on it like LTD is doing on guitars at that price point.

Not a relic fan really, but this new LTD is calling my name more than the new Pacer (roughly same price). ST-203FR

st-203fr.jpg

• Members

There was supossed to be 2 version's of this Guitar released.

The Pro Model, (like the one sold last year in very limited quanity's), and the Budget Model (the one in the op)

But as usual, Gibson can't seem to do anything good for the Kramer brand.

• Members

Is a Floyd Rose original the same as an original Floyd Rose?

There are two "OFR's" out there now. The true german made OFR and a newer Korean made OFR (FR1000). They are easily distinguished by looking a the rear edge of the saddles. If there is a bevel on that rear edge it's the Korean version, if no bevel it's the German one. I think Suhr was referring to the newer Korean OFR's when he decided to drop them and start using Gotoh's (a forum response in response to why he was dropping OFR's):

"Sometimes the back of the saddle is too tall preventing the fine tuner from having a full range of motion.

The way the string leaves the saddle it does not have a firm break off point, the string slides around in the saddle. This changes the intonation, buzzes and can just sound bad. We have to get a detail Dremel bit and re-contour the saddle with magnifiers on to see what we are doing. We have to do this on them all !

Fine tuners pinched too course and are rough many times.

Saddle heights can be uneven, requiring regrinding or shimming.

Roll away at nut not correct making the string not leave the nut edge where it is supposed to leave. This also screws with intonation and the strings can buzz when played open.

Casting bumps in the nut slots which have to be ground off, maybe one out of five.

Saddle to rear section of the saddle is sloppy, this cause string buzz, saddle pin has to be removed and saddle pinched to tighten it up.

Hold plates that hold the blocks up are not pushed up far enough so sometimes the screw pin doesn

Archived